Monday, April 20, 2015

CURRENT EVENTS: Bodyboarding News

CURRENT EVENTS: Bodyboarding News

IN THIS EDITION:  Hubb Suffers Broken Foot, PLC and Schenker Win at La Salie Pro, Ohhara wins Nijima Pro.


HUBB SUFFERS BROKEN FOOT

 
  HAWAII-  3x World Champion Jeff Hubbard has suffered a broken foot.  Here is what he had to say on his Facebook page (April 15th):  "It's official I broke my talus bone in my foot. The talus is a major weight bearing bone in your foot that supports your ankle. I broke it whilst landing an air revo at Black Rock yesterday. My foot came down too early in the rotation as I whipped the spin to fast. My foot went straight in to dry rock and all my weight and momentum from the fall on impact broke my bone. Three months with my weight off of the foot. Conservatively Looking at JULY 15 to be back at it again."  Given that timeframe, it seems rather unlikely that we will see Hub at the world tour's first two events at Itacoatiara (Brazil, July 2nd-12th) or Arica (Chile, July 17th-26th).  Heal up quick, Jeff!


PLC AND SCHENKER WIN LA SALIE PRO


  FRANCE-  2011 World Champion and Defending 3x Euro Tour Men's Champion Pierre Louis Costes (France) and defending 2014 ETB Women's Champion Joana Schenker (Portugal) have won the La Salie Pro in France, event #1 on the 2015 ETB schedule.  Here are the final results:

MEN'S
1. Pierre Louis Costes (France)
2. Mickael Kerlir (France)
3. Anas Haddar (Morocco)
4.  Brahim Iddouch (Morocco)


WOMEN'S
1. Joana Schenker (Portugal)
2. Alexandra Rinder (Canary Islands)
3. Teresa Almeida (Portugal)
4. Madi Fernandez (Basque)

For more information, please be sure to visit:

La Salie Pro on Facebook

www.lasaliepro.com

Surfing France press release


OHHARA WINS NIJIMA PRO


  JAPAN-  Defending 2014 Japanese Women's National Champion and 4th ranked world tour competitor Sari Ohhara has won the Nijima Pro, event #1 on the 2015 JPBA tour.

For more information, please be sure to visit:

JPBA Tour on Facebook

www.jpba.org


  That's all the News for now.  Until next time, I'm Steve "Action" Jackson.  I'll see you out in the water...YEEEWWW!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

STACT app

STACT app #STACTapp Dowload the STACT app today!   The STACT app, developed by Boardscore Inc., provides comprehensive information ...